Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
There is no evidence of the existence of refined sugar factory in the era of the Great Flood. By the way, indeed, it must be taken into consideration that ashura may not be a dessert. Anyway, if Noah’s pudding is a dessert, is it possible to achieve a more natural ashura today? What are our options? Molasses can darken the color and taste may aggravate to some extent. What about using the sweetest fruit of the corresponding season? The idea of “Yes, but that is not enough.” requires resorting to the help of bees. No need to worry; of course, honey should not be boiled. Here’s the solution:
Sugar-free Ashura Ingredients:
1 cup husked wheat
½ cup cooked dry white beans
½ cup boiled chickpeas
¼ cup rice
1 cup raisin
6 – 7 sun dried apricots
5 – 6 dates (remove seeds)
3 – 4 ripe persimmons (remove seeds, peel and liquidize them in a mixer.)
2 tablespoons of honey
A tip of a teaspoon of salt
For the topping:
Directions For Refined-Sugar-Free Ashura (Noah’s Pudding With Persimmons And Honey)
- Soak wheat, beans, and chickpeas in separate bowls overnight (7 – 10 hours before cooking). In the evening, wash the wheat, put in a pot, add water to the same height of wheat, and boil a few minutes. Wash and soak beans and chickpeas separately.
- The next day; get the wheat to a large pot. Add water enough to pass over 2 – 3 fingers the level of wheat, and allow cooking. Boil the bean and chickpeas separately.
- Wash the apricots, cut into very small slices, and soak. Wash the raisins and soak in the water.
- Add boiled and drained beans and chickpeas to the softened wheat. Add salt and rice.
- When all the ingredients in the pot are thoroughly softened, add drained raisin, drained apricot, finely chopped dates.
- The water of ashura is controlled. If it is too solid or not liquid enough, add the boiled water.
- As it nears to be cooked, add persimmons.
- As its viscosity indicates that it cooked, turn off the cooker. But if desired, a tablespoon of rosewater suitable for food can be added just before turning off it.
- After 5 – 10 minutes elapsed, add honey and stir. Pour it into the bowls as it hot.
- After cooling, the Refined-Sugar-Free Ashura is bedecked with optionally cinnamon, currants, walnuts, pomegranate seeds, finely chopped dried figs, and nuts.